Sunday, 11 November 2012

Little Link

Last Monday my brother's wife, Elissa gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Lincoln Neal Fitton.

I'm so excited that John Geoffrey has a cousin so close in age and little Link is just so adorable.

We went to the hospital on Monday night to meet the little guy, and seeing that tiny little bundle made me a little nostalgic for my own baby - John looked huge in comparison. It is amazing to see my own little one's growth - Link was 6 pound, 14 ounces, John was 7 pound at birth. Link was 53cm long, John 50cm at birth - so quite similar in size - now look at him!


This may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that our boys will become the best of friends, and get into all sorts of mischief together (the good kind).  Best friends are great, but there's something about the bond of family/relatives which is amazing to me.

Elissa's birth experience was a lot tougher than mine and it made me very thankful for the relatively easy experience that I had. I was very lucky. She is an amazing woman and will be a wonderful mother. I'm also very excited for my brother becoming a Daddy, and that we are going to have all these wonderful new experiences at a similar time.

Neal and Lissy let me hold Link quite a bit at the hospital, and again when we visited them last night. It is strange to think he is going to change and grow so much while we are away visiting John's family in the US. He is just the most precious little one, and was already sucking his thumb at the hospital. Can't wait to see what sort of young man this one is going to turn into.


No comments:

Post a Comment