Ever heard of wonder weeks? I hadn't until we had John Geoffrey and he spent a whole Sunday morning crying non-stop from about 3am til about 12 noon. Exhausting.
Anyway, on Wednesday this week we had another full awake day. John woke for feeding about 7am, and went back to sleep (as per normal). However he then woke at 10.30am and decided he did not want to go to sleep again until 11.30pm. I hate days like this, and I especially hate it when there are a couple of them in a row. I bank on him having at least one nap during the day so that I have time to rest, eat, do dishes, laundry, work on my calling or just veg out if I feel like it. According to the wonder week schedule he was due for one so I figured I better just be prepared for a couple of days of this.
One of the things about wonder weeks is that you are supposed to see some huge developmental change in your baby once you have gone through them, and I'm pleased to announce that we have one clever boy on our hands.
This week he has learned to suck his thumb and self soothe. I have also caught him playing with the toy we have hanging from his crip (clip-clop). Nothing major just him reaching out to grab it and play with it's rattle legs. But then this morning, he was absolutely amazing. We have a playmat for him that has a little hanging monkey holding a ring with it's tail. When you pull on the ring it plays music. For a while now we have been showing John how it works - pulling the tail to play the music (I also dance along to the music when it plays coz I'm fun like that). Anyway, this morning, John Geoffrey pulled the ring. All. By. Himself. And not once, but three times people. Three times! He is just so clever!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment