Monday, 1 October 2012

Happy Anniversary

This weekend marked John and my first year wedding anniversary. It has flown by so quickly, and has been an amazing time in our lives. Sometimes I have to pinch myself, because no matter what is going on, I'm so happy to be married to John. I love him so much.

To celebrate, John and I went to the Marino Rocks Restaurant for dinner (my mum and dad watched John Geoffrey for us) and then to Royal Copenhagen at Brighton for dessert.

The Marino Rocks Restaurant is a special place for us. John took me there the night he proposed to me, and we also had our wedding reception there. The views from the restaurant are really beautiful, and because it's tucked away in a residential area, it's not noisy or busy on the surrounding streets, making it nice and peaceful.



The owner of the restaurant, Gulten, is so lovely. When she found out we were coming in for our anniversary, she went out and bought some non-alcoholic sparkling wine for us, as she remembered that we don't drink alcohol. She also gave us an awesome table with a beautiful view of the sun setting over the ocean.


When we were married I wore some beautiful handmade silk flowers in my hair that I bought from Twigs and Honey. My hope is that if we ever have a daughter, I can pass them down to her to wear on her wedding day (if she wants to of course). But in the meantime, I decided it would be appropriate to wear them on our anniversary, you know, as a physical reminder of the day (I also wore my wedding shoes). Yes, I'm sentimental like that, and luckily for me John likes it :) It actually made me feel really special wearing them again.


What you can't tell from this picture is that I spent an hour trying to curl my hair as I wanted to look really special for John (I'm sure he's sick of seeing me in my trackies, with my hair in a pony tail, baby slobber down my front and smelling of sour breastmilk). Let's just say, having a three month old baby is not really helpful when trying to do something special with your hair - but at least I tried. I'm sure many other women could have achieved it, I'm just not very dexterous when it comes to anything beauty related. I think it's probably because I just don't have the desire or patience to practice.



We had a wonderful night out, and I enjoyed being able to spend time just with John. John Geoffrey takes up so much of my time, that I feel hubby sometimes gets the raw end of the deal. Over dinner we talked about our wedding and reminisced about the year that had been. We've had some amazing highs - being sealed together in the Adelaide Australia Temple for time and all eternity, the birth of our son, travelling up to the sunshine coast for a wonderful honeymoon, John's parents visiting, and then just the beauty every day of waking up knowing that we are together and there for each other.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Adie:) Nice to see you and John so in love and happy together!

    ReplyDelete