It was a special day for us for two reasons:
1. It was the first Father's Day for both of my boys.
2. John Geoffrey received a name and a blessing in church today, given by his Daddy (read about this here).
We had a family lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's as part of the Father's Day / Baby Blessing celebrations.
![]() |
| John and Daddy on their 1st Father's Day together |
John Geoffrey also decided to show us his muscles:
And his unhappy face:
John gave his Daddy an M&M dispenser (with plenty of M&Ms to fill it with) as well as some Hershey's miniatures, as he knows Daddy misses those from home. He also got him the cutest card ever, and told mummy what to write in it (seeing as he can't hold a pen yet). He thanked Daddy for talking to him, holding him, singing to him and burping him - oh and for teaching him that Mummy is a knucklehead.
Mummy gave Daddy an Atlanta Braves sweatshirt to thank him for being such an awesome husband and Dad. I was so proud of myself for getting a gift that I knew was awesome AND for not ruining the surprise before giving it to him (as I am notorious for not being able to keep presents a secret). I will post a picture when I have one of John wearing it :)
This picture has nothing to do with Father's Day, it was just on my camera from a few weeks ago, and I realised that I hadn't posted it yet. My baby boy fast asleep on his playmat - he is just to cute for words sometimes!



No comments:
Post a Comment